Thursday, March 23, 2006

More about dancing...

One of the wonderful things about dancing is that it allows you to become, for about three minutes, someone completely different. I'm a pretty average-looking middle-aged fellow, but for the three minutes of an average song I can be an elegant man-about-town, taking a beautiful lady in my arms and gliding around the dance floor in time to music that carries me away to other times and places, far from the cares and worries of life and job.

And, as I'm fond of telling people, there's nothing quite like being married to a dance teacher. On the one hand, I'm under the thumb of a demanding live-in taskmaster. On the other hand, I can go to the studio dance party every Friday night, dance with any woman I like...and have my wife criticize me if I'm not holding her right! It doesn't get much better than that!

Time to get ready to go to work. Have a good day, and come back tomorrow for more random thoughts.

Bilbo

No comments: