Wednesday, March 22, 2006


Well, I seem to have fallen behind on my posts...I had intended to post last Monday, when Agnes and I returned from our dance competition, but life intervened, and here it is Wednesday night. Better late than never, eh?

Have you ever been to a ballroom dance competition? If you haven't, you're missing an event that is more fun and exciting than you could ever imagine. Agnes and I traveled to Stamford, Connecticut, last Thursday to participate in the Tri-State Challenge, a major East Coast competition. We did very well...we danced eleven times, taking a first place on points (93.6 out of 100) with our American Gold Cha-Cha Solo Exhibition, and ten first place finishes in our regular heats (American Gold Waltz, Foxtrot, Tango, Viennese Waltz, Rumba, Cha-Cha, Swing, and Bolero, and International Silver Viennese Waltz and Quickstep). In the picture above, Agnes and I are in the on-deck chute, waiting to be introduced for one of our Latin dance heats. Sadly, I don't have many photos of us dancing...since I'm the one who usually takes pictures of everyone else, it's rare that someone actually takes a picture of us...this one isn't too bad, especially since you can't see how nervous I am.

People often say they don't think they could dance competitively...they'd be too nervous and self conscious. All I can say is that it's a marvelous experience to be whirling around the dance floor in the arms of a beautiful woman while the audience cheers you on. That's MY kind of sport!

We'll talk more about dancing, both socially and competitively, in future posts. We'll talk about a lot of other things, too, so come back again soon. I promise to be more regular about posting!

Bilbo

No comments: