Friday, November 10, 2006

Just a short note today to share something great with you...

I recently stumbled on a wonderful website: Head Butler (http://www.headbutler.com). It's described as "A plugged-in cultural concierge who will tell you about books, music and movies," and it's a great source of reviews of cultural offerings for those of us who enjoy them but are too busy to follow too many things too closely. Head Butler has tipped me off to authors I didn't know or appreciate, movies I've enjoyed, and music that I might never otherwise have heard.

Somewhere, many years ago, I read an essay in which the author estimated the last year in which a well-educated man (women didn't count that far back, of course) could - literally - know everything there was to know. Sadly, I no longer remember the source or the date, but it's a fascinating idea: to be able to know everything. Obviously, nowadays no one - not even the most puffed up pundit - can know all there is to know, but Head Butler is a great place to start on the cultural parts.

Highly recommended...check it out, and let me know what you think.

Have a good day. If you're off today (as I am), enjoy your long weekend. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

No comments: