Saturday, July 12, 2008

Cartoon Saturday

Since I was away in Pittsburgh and didn't post last Saturday, it's been two weeks since we last had a Cartoon Saturday here at Bilbo's Random Thought Collection. This is not a tenable situation.

So why don't we get caught right up, eh? And I'll even throw in a few bonus cartoons!

I love it when I can get two or more cartoons that have the same punch line or a related theme...these two are just too good:



There's nothing quite as stupid-looking as a young man (or lady) who has to wear his (or her) pants riding so low that their underwear sticks out. I thought this cartoon caught the stupidity particularly well, especially after my recent experience with being measured for the famous dance tailsuit...

Always read the directions...


I've been having quite a bit of trouble hearing from my right ear since I caught the Summer Cold From Hell a few weeks ago. It's just too bad that - at a time when I can't hear very well - I don't have any invitations to soirees like this...

As you know, I love the "Blondie" cartoon strip, mostly because I think Dagwood and I are sharing the same life. This was today's offering, which touches on one of my major pet peeves: voice-activated "help" on the telephone...


And finally, I just thought this one was completely and utterly hysterical on many levels...

Have a good day and a great weekend. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

3 comments:

Meera said...

Very cute toons! Especially loved the last one!

The Mistress of the Dark said...

The second cat-toon was awesome! Thanks for the giggles :)

Mike said...

You must have gone back in time for the Mike Peters cartoon. I couldn't find it on his website and I couldn't read the date on the jpeg.