Saturday, July 26, 2008

Cartoon Saturday

Yes, we've made it through another week. Your reward is Cartoon Saturday. Don't thank me, your groans of appreciation are thanks enough!

I love to cook, but I haven't tried fixing this for Agnes yet. I'm afraid she'd ask for a larger portion...


I'm pretty bad at math, although - perversely enough - I was always pretty good at geometry. Better than this, I think...


One of our running jokes at work concerns odd spellings (no, not the Secretary of Education) - I'm not sure how it got started, but I think it came from the episode of "The Family Guy" in which one of the characters was on "Wheel of Fortune" and picked his letters for the bonus round as "Q. Q. Q. Another Q. And the Batman symbol." If you make the mistake of asking someone in our office how to spell a particular word, you're likely to get an answer like, "Big Eye, Left-Facing Hawk, Squiggly Line." That made this clever cartoon even funnier for me...

This one was just too good to pass up, given some of the stuff I've read in various blogs...


And dyslexia per se isn't a very funny thing, but it does lend itself to some great cartoon situations...


That's Cartoon Saturday for this week. As always, your contributions of clever, funny cartoons are gratefully accepted...send them to bilbo_the_blogger (at symbol) yahoo.com.

Have a good day and a great weekend. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I can't believe I've been back in Malaysia for 3 Saturdays already! Next Saturday, I'll be back in Palembang again.

Btw, has my letter arrived yet?

The Mistress of the Dark said...

OMG that last one!! and the monkeys!!

Thanks for the giggles :)

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Really well selected!!!

Mike said...

You beat me to several of them.