Friday, July 25, 2008

Random Thoughts

I'm a little pressed for time this morning, so I was looking for some way to do a quick, yet interesting post. I suddenly realized (brilliant flash of the obvious) that since this is a Random Thought Collection, I'd just fire off a few random thoughts. Cool, eh? Try these on for size:

We lead off with two thoughts from famous curmudgeon H.L. Mencken:

"Of learned men, the clergy show the lowest development of professional ethics. Any pastor is free to cadge customers from the divines of rival sects, and to denounce the divines themselves as theological quacks." (John, whattaya think?)

"To die for an idea; it is unquestionably noble. But how much nobler it would be if men died for ideas that were true!" (how true!)

Woody Allen: "It seemed the world was divided into good and bad people. The good ones slept better, while the bad ones seemed to enjoy the waking hours much more." (perhaps I need more sleep...then again, maybe not)

Beryl Pfizer: "I write down everything I want to remember. That way, instead of spending a lot of time trying to remember what it is I wrote down, I spend the time looking for the paper I wrote it down on." (if you remember the photo of my study that I posted here a few months back, you'll see how appropriate this is to me!)

Will Rogers: "There's no trick to being a humorist when you have the whole government working for you." (is it any wonder that Will Rogers is one of my heroes?)

Hansell B. Duckett: "What this country needs is more free speech worth listening to." (especially in an election year).

Have a good day. Tomorrow is Cartoon Saturday - more thoughts then.

Bilbo

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Ha Ha! These were funny. My favorite is Pfizer's one. Going to have to let my dad know about it.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I applaud Hansel!