Friday, November 07, 2008

Cartoon Saturday

The election is over, the economy is still tanking, unemployment is at 6 1/2 percent, there are still 73 days left in the current administration, and our new president-elect, while a good man, has little practical experience relevant to the magnitude of the tasks he faces.

Cartoon Saturday to the rescue!

In just a few hours, Agnes and I are heading to the airport to fly out to meet our 25th anniversary cruise. We've actually been married 26 years, but who's counting? We had to cut a few corners to afford the cruise...


Among the problems facing President-Elect Obama is the dismal state of our educational system. I'm glad some people are interested in fixing it...

This one's for all the help desk people who have pounded their heads on their desks when people asked them how to find the "Any" key...

Yes, I'm a government contractor. No, this isn't my company. But I know of some that fit the bill...

And although Agnes scoffs when I refer to her as my "trophy wife," at least I'm not literal about it...

As I warned you yesterday, we'll be away for the next two weeks. We may have intermittent internet access and, if so, I may post once or twice...but the real focus of this vacation is the maximum amount of relaxation and banishment of stress. Trips to the bar, the dance floor, and the dining rooms are about as much stress as I want.

And you won't forget me while I'm gone, will you?

Have a good day. More thoughts when we get back.

Bilbo

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Have a wonderful and safe trip! We'll be here to read all about your adventures when you get back.

Your previous post was very timely for me. All the Christmas hype is starting and we told Aaron about Santa for the first time. Even took him to visit Santa but he wasn't impressed. I know there is something fun about the whole Santa mystery but at the same time, I'm struggling with the idea of voluntarily introducing the idea of accumulating and yearning for 'stuff' to Aaron. So far, I've told him that Santa delivers pencils and paper to good children.......

KKTSews said...

Have a great time on your trip. Don't visit the bar a dining room too much, unless you're also doubling up those dancing hours. Ah...relaxation. Cheers!

Mike said...

That trophy wife is probably the lowest maintenance trophy wife on the planet. A little brasso and your done.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Enjoy your cruise! We'll miss ya!!!!

Melissa B. said...

Absolutely love the weekend "comic relief"! And am jealous of the anniversary cruise. BTW, if you're near a computer during your journey, please don't forget Sx3 today...we have a VERY timely snap for ya!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Enjoy your time away!

GreenCanary said...

Have a good trip! And P.S. My sister's title at work is Director of Business Services. We call her the Director of B.S. Woot!