Saturday, December 27, 2008

Cartoon Saturday

A man dressed as Santa Claus murdered nine people, burned down their house, and then committed suicide...on Christmas Eve; Pakistan is moving troops to its border with India; a Tennessee town is buried under a billion gallons of coal sludge; Israel and Hamas are slugging it out again in Gaza and the border regions; and banks who received tens of billions of dollars of your tax money as an "economic stimulus" refuse to account for how they're spending it.

Aren't you glad you have Cartoon Saturday to help you cope?

There's someone out there who probably knows how to take care of those brazen pirates in the waters around the horn of Africa...unless he lets himself get talked out of it...


I personally think this one will never come to pass, but we can always dream...

Having survived the 9/11 attack on the Pentagon, I never cease to be amazed at the number of morons out there who are utterly convinced that the U.S. government was responsible for the mass murders that day, rather than the arrogant and insane religious zealots who claimed responsibility and were cheered in the streets of countries happy to take our foreign aid. Some people will believe anything, no matter how stupid or how much contrary evidence you present...

Even superheroes have their problems...

And speaking of those banks that refuse to tell us how they're spending the money you and I are digging into our pockets to pay them...

And finally, I just love the imagery of this one...

I hope you have a pleasant and relaxing weekend. Agnes has to work today, and I have more leaves to rake, but I take solace in knowing that there's a peaceful evening in front of the fireplace shimmering on the temporal horizon. And who knows? - maybe I can actually get my study cleaned up. Stranger things have happened.

Have a good day. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

6 comments:

Mike said...

"maybe I can actually get my study cleaned up."

All those cartoons just lead up to the funniest punch line of all. You can come to my house next.

Aunt Julie said...

Funny stuff! I've got a holiday snap of a different genre for you on Sx3 tomorrow...please do stop by!

Melissa B. said...

OK...I'm not sure how that happened, but Veggie Mom obviously doesn't host Sx3, 'cause I do! Hope you stop by!

KKTSews said...

Hope you made progress on your study. It is 65 degrees here after 5 pm, and I'm thrilled I was able to finish yard cleaning (cuttin off dead raspberry plants, especially) that somehow never got done in Nov. If you're on the study, it's looking good for the inevitable new years resolution.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I live for Cartoon Saturdays!!!

Bilbo said...

Just an update: the study did NOT get cleaned up. That's why you didn't feel the earth shake yesterday.

Yes, Katherine, it's looking like prime New Year's Resolution material, just as it has for the last few years.