Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Of Mighty Explosions and Not-So-Mighty Editing

My co-worker Brenda pointed out this amazing, blog-worthy article yesterday: Something Has Exploded in a Spectacular Fashion on Uranus. However, not being able to think of a way to capitalize on it without being borderline obscene, I have decided instead to celebrate a few more great moments in editing:

If I took a pass on the explosions on Uranus, I'm surely not commenting on this one ...

Well, at least we have politicians somewhere taking a stand on something important ...

I wonder if this discussion is taking place in the same town ...

We have found two more places to strike off our list of vacation destinations ...

And ...

Ouch ...

We didn't have post-prom parties like this when I went to high school. Darn it ...

Things are getting tough in El Paso ...

I always knew the Senate was dysfunctional, but even I had no idea things were this bad ...

Some days, it just doesn't pay to get up ...

So, how was Halloween last night? We bought our usual boxcar-load of candy, and had the smallest number of trick-or-treaters in years ... of course, had we bought a smaller amount, they'd have trucked kids in from as far west as Utah and we'd have had our house egged. You can't win. My favorite was a little girl of about two in a Curious George costume who carefully transfered piece after piece of candy from our bowl to her little plastic pumpkin ... much to her mother's embarrassment. I think she's going to be a politician when she grows up.

Have a good day. Don't eat all that leftover candy at once, bwa-ha-HAAAAA!!! More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

4 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

So is a nudist still a nudist if she wears a hat?

Was Utah planning to make firing squad executions a touristy thing? Harsh.

I wore a witch's hat to pass out Halloween candy, but kept the Snickers.

Mike said...

We've kept our 35 year streak of 'not one trick or treater' going.

Of course we buy candy 'just in case'.

allenwoodhaven said...

I love these editing posts. They are always hilarious! The one about the private security company guarding the police station amazes me. Who thought that was a good idea? They need to be fired, that's for sure.

Big Sky Heidi said...

Those sorts of things happen after proms nowadays.