Sunday, November 17, 2013

Gems from the World of Print


You may recall from yesterday that today is going to be a very busy day for Agnes and I, and so I have opted to do a fairly simple and straightforward post today. From the never-ending, bottomless well of great moments in editing and weird things found in print, here are a few head-scratchers for your reading pleasure:

"Sporty enough to share"? Perhaps they should come with a "best by" date on the label ...


Thanks, but I'll wait for the lemonade ...


Drat! I needed the square ones ...


I think I've ridden in this taxi before ...


There's just nothing I can say about this one ...


There are eight million stories in the naked city ... I'd love to hear how this one turned out ...


Well, with climate change upon us, we may need to make a few adjustments ...


You can find some of the most amazing things on a Chinese menu ...


I wonder if the Jewish one is more expensive ...


Well, where else would they be from? ...


And there you have it ... another selection of odd things that have found their way into print.

And now I have to put the finishing touches on my notes for the Showcase I'm emceeing this afternoon. Being an emcee is the best job at a dance showcase ... all I have to do is talk and be a ham, which is what I do best. I don't have to worry about remembering routines, keeping in time with the music, leading, and all that other stuff that drove me crazy back when Agnes and I were competing and doing exhibitions. AND somebody else worries about cuing the music. 

It doesn't get much better than that!

Have a good day, and enjoy the rest of your weekend. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

5 comments:

Duckbutt said...

It's a sad world where even the chicken in Chinese restaurants is rude and unreasonable.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Dated panties? Is the one for Sunday white, and the one for Friday night red? Will Victoria's Secret revive this quaint custom?

I'll pass on the chicken too.

Lisa Rosenbusch said...

When the time comes, now I will know what to do with Dad's stylish designer handbags.

Mike said...

The only thing missing on the up to date panties ad was a typo in the company name.

Banana Oil said...

Dated panties have a built-in problem. It requires that you are awake enough to tell them apart when you put on your panties. Some days, I'm lucky I remembered my panties.