Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Top Ten Bookstore Pickup Lines


There are a lot of reasons to enjoy reading. It's relaxing, you can learn a lot of things, and full bookshelves make your house look warm and inviting. And then there are bookstores ... one of the greatest places on earth for learning, relaxation ... and meeting people. I'd hate to think that brick-and-mortar bookstores would ever be replaced by online sales, because some of these bookstore pickup lines* are just too good to pass up ...

10. Care to come back to my place for a little Dickens?

9. When you're tired of dating speed-readers, call me.

8. You're pretty nicely stacked yourself!

7. Have you seen a copy of Tax Tips for Billionaires?

6. Who's your favorite Karamazov brother?

5. I've got a great reading light next to my bed.

4. I can bench press a whole stack of James Michener novels.

3. While you're turning those pages, mind if I lick your fingers?

2. You're hotter than Emily Dickinson in a tube top!

1. Is that an unabridged dictionary in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?

Got any others that come to mind? Leave a comment. You may meet that special someone on your next visit to Barnes and Noble ...

Have a good day. Read more.


More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

* Courtesy of David Letterman.

8 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

You are the reason I'm glad I learned to read.

You read Emily Bronte? I like that in a woman.

When I look at you, I imagine doing daring, forbidden things with Jane Austen.

You remind me of an anime girl.

KathyA said...

Somehow I cannot see you trolling the book stores... EVER ;)

Bilbo said...

Angel - I like the first one!!

Kathy - You never knew me in the pre-Agnes era... ;)

Grand Crapaud said...

Does this book and you come out in a Braille version?

Do you want to verify whether caffeine makes people horny?

Nice jacket on the book. What does it look like with it removed?

Mike said...

Do you need to practice any 50 Shades of Grey techniques?

Big Sky Heidi said...

Book stores with coffee bars are a place where one can get picked up.

God bless Barnes and Noble!

Brandi said...

I love bookstores with coffee shops! It's a far piece from here to the nearest one in Birmingham, or maybe Atlanta.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

If you need me I'll be at B & N or Books A Million!