Saturday, April 19, 2014

Cartoon Saturday


It's been a another heck of a week ...

At least 32 people are dead and more than 270 still missing after a ferry sank in South Korea; a magnitude 7.2 earthquake shook southern Mexico but, fortunately, didn't cause serious damage or casualties; Nobel Prize-winning author Gabriel Garcia Marquez died at the age of 87; an avalanche killed 12 climbers on Mount Everest; and religious fanatics from the Nigerian extremist group Boko Haram (the name means "Western Education is Sinful") kidnapped 129 schoolgirls, who are still missing.

Earthquakes ... ferry sinkings ... mass kidnappings ... boy, do we ever need the cartoons. I'm on it.  

It was a week that was for the birds ... so why don't we pick this week's theme cartoons to feature our feathered friends?

Even a bird enjoys a nice before-dinner drink now and then ...


Not tonight, dear, I have a ... uh ... never mind ...


I think I see my future ...


It pays to be sure what the severance package really contains ...


Do birds suffer from jealousy?


They say that home is where you hang your head ... uh ... hat ...


Moving on to other cartoons ... perhaps I should try this approach ...


Yep ... way too much information ...


Why I don't miss dating ...


And finally for this week, technology leads to new problems for ventriloquists ...


This is Easter weekend, and it looks like the weather is going to cooperate here in NoVa for the Easter parades, Easter Egg hunts, and other outdoor activities ... like mowing the lawn before the house disappears behind it. After the winter that's just passed, I think we've earned it.

Have a good day. Come back tomorrow for Poetry Sunday.

More thoughts then.

Bilbo

6 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Great cartoons! When a female bird gets a migrate headache, is that like a furniture-moving headache that humans get?4

Big Sky Heidi said...

Now that is always too much information!

Grand Crapaud said...

Unfortunately, that form of severance package is becoming the norm in several workplaces.

Mike said...

I think manning a TMI booth could be fun.

And I need to get out and cut the grass today before I'm the last one in the neighborhood to do the first cut of the season.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I'm looking for someone rich and famous too, unfortunately they aren't looking for me.

Duckbutt said...

Pigeons are evil. Maybe they would mellow if they are referred to as Rock Doves.