Sunday, January 04, 2015

Poetry Sunday


I thought about waiting for Valentine's Day with this poem, but then I figured that something about love might not be out of place in the depths of the post-holiday doldrums ...

A Dialogue of Watching 
by Kenneth Rexroth 

Let me celebrate you. I
Have never known anyone
More beautiful than you. I
Walking beside you, watching
You move beside me, watching
That still grace of hand and thigh,
Watching your face change with words
You do not say, watching your
Solemn eyes as they turn to me,
Or turn inward, full of knowing,
Slow or quick, watching your full
Lips part and smile or turn grave,
Watching your narrow waist, your
Proud buttocks in their grace, like
A sailing swan, an animal,
Free, your own, and never
To be subjugated, but
Abandoned, as I am to you,
Overhearing your perfect
Speech of motion, of love and
Trust and security as
You feed or play with our children.
I have never known any
One more beautiful than you.

As it happens, I am blessed to know a great many beautiful women, but I'm happily married to the one I never tire of watching.

Have a good day. Watch carefully ... you don't need the voyeurism arrest on your record.

More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

5 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

This poem is so sensuous, yet so romantic. What a vision the poet had, and to be able to express it in words!

Elvis Wearing a Bra on His Head said...

Nice poem, not pessimistic.

Mike said...

Proud buttocks - Never heard them referred to like that before.

Linda Kay said...

Very nice, such a romantic eye in the beholder.

Big Sky Heidi said...

A great poem!