Monday, October 19, 2015

Musical Monday


Because it was uncomfortably chilly and gray for most of the weekend, I spent much of the time inside, trying to bring order into the perpetual chaos of my study ... without notable success other than shredding a huge pile of papers and pitching out a bunch of old things I couldn't remember why I was saving. But the upside of all that was that I was able to play my way through much of my music collection while I worked, and remind myself of why I like many of the individual singers and groups that are in my "The Very Best" playlist.

I got re-acquainted with The Seekers, one of my favorite groups, and I thought it might be nice to start the week by sharing some of their great music with you. First up is this song from 1968, "I'll Never Find Another You" ...


and another of my favorites - from 1966, "The Last Thing on My Mind" ...



Having spent the day awash in good music, I think I've decided to start a new periodic feature here at Bilbo's Random Thought Collection - Musical Monday will appear every other week, as of today. If the reaction is positive, I'll make it a weekly spot. Let me know what you think.

Have a good day. Enjoy the music. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

11 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

The Seekers have a nice harmonious sound that go together well! I'll look for others by them. Were they part of the urban folk music scene?

By all means, a Musical Monday. I hope you have nice music in your life!

Hell Hound said...

If the selections are like these, Musical Monday will be enjoyed.

Mariette said...

A great group!

Linda Kay said...

Musical Monday would be really fun. I like your music selection!

John A Hill said...

I think that Musical Monday will be a great education into the kind of music to which you old people used to listen.

Gonzo Dave said...

Good stuff! Keep it up!

Bilbo said...

Thanks for the comments. I'll do this on Mondays until I'm told to cut it out. Oh, and John ... before you talk about old people, ask yourself which of us is retired, hmmm ... Now to see what snarky comment Mike has.

Anemone said...

That song should be a classic.

Grand Crapaud said...

I remember the Seekers too - a nice group.

Yay for Musical Mondays/

allenwoodhaven said...

Musical Mondays is a great idea. Another nice thing to look forward to!

Mike said...

You upped the pressure to high for me to come up with suitable snark. That said, when I listened to the first song it didn't register with me right away. It's been a long time. Claudia on the other hand started singing along after the third note and sang the whole song.