Saturday, April 23, 2016

Cartoon Saturday


Welcome to Cartoon Saturday!

Because Agnes and I are on the road today and will be otherwise occupied, the usual bad news summary will not appear. However, you can fill it in yourself by visiting any major news site and reading while you weep.

This week, a selection of random cartoons from the collection ...

I really get this one ...


Applies to American voters, not just to youth ...


If you've ever been a bridesmaid, you'll appreciate it ...


The next arena for discrimination lawsuits ...


Calling all you conspiracy theorists out there ...


Now that I'm retired, I have more time to write letters to friends and family like I used to. I just need to be able to afford good stationery ...


Arms races are not limited to superpowers ...


Admit it ... you've always wanted to do this ...


Lots of things used to be more fun ...


PiƱata poop? ...


And sic transit gloria Cartoon Saturday for another week. I hope it helped you recover from the rigors of the last seven days.

Agnes and I are at the Penn State main campus in State College, Pennsylvania, attending the 65th anniversary of the founding of the Air Force ROTC drill team ("Honor Guard" now) of which I was a member from 1969 to 1973. It's good to see old friends again, and to catch up on all that has transpired in the many years since we last saw each other. Agnes is stoically playing along, considering that she actually knows only two people in attendance besides me.

Have a good day and enjoy the rest of your weekend. Poetry Sunday returns tomorrow, with a sequel of sorts to last week's poem. Be here.

Bilbo

5 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Have a great visit to Penn State AFROTC.
Great cartoons. I really like the pinata one.

Leroy said...

Thanks for the cartoons!

Mike said...

I connected the invisible dots. The picture that appeared was frightening.

Duckbutt said...

A gatling blow gun is a weapon of mass destruction.

allenwoodhaven said...

A most excellent collection this week, just the right antidote for the week's miserable news.